Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finally!


And so it has happened!  Spring has sprung, just as it always does year after year.  I don't know why I am always surprised when it finally happens, but every year I am.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the passing of winter always seems to move at the speed of a glacier, while summer and fall come and go seemingly as fast as a twenty three day old hot dog goes through me.  After a morning spent at work, it seemed like a good idea to Glen and myself to get out on the river for the first time this year and cast a fly.  I was hoping the blue winged olives were still hatching and that there might be rising fish.  No such luck!


After fortifying ourselves with some smoked moose meat sandwiches, (sooo good), we dropped into the river for an afternoon of urban fishing on one of the best trout rivers in North America (no exaggeration).  There were no rising fish, but the "worm" was working as were stonefly nymphs fished deep and on the bottom.  We caught a few fish and lost a few more, but for the first real day of spring here, and fishing in the middle of the city, it was a very good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment